Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mellow Yellow Monday #26

I love how sunsets have a combination of orange, yellow and lots of other colours all vying for attention in the sky. I also love how the moon is hovering in the calm blues of the sky just above the firey sunset.

I took this photo from my apartment a few weeks ago. It was a beautiful night!

MellowYellowBadge

I don't know why but I can't cut & paste the links into columns anymore ... ah well. Here are the links of everyone who participated this week. Thanks so much! And see you next Sunday 5pm for more Mellow Yellow Monday.

1. Kenobiitti - Finland
2. Miranda
3. Gemma
4. Bobbie
5. Willa @ Smart Mommy
6. Tracey
7. kikamz, deutschland
8. Rinkly Rimes Australia
9. Life on Our Own
10. Ladynred
11. The Explorer, Philippines
12. Pyzahn
13. Laine's Abode
14. Tess
15. Tink *~*~*
16. Rita aka Cashjocky Mo USA
17. Violet Sky
18. PRETTYFIREFLY
19. Martha
20. Snowbird
21. peachkins
22. Susan
23. Yyam
24. Deb Georgian Bay Canada
25. Mary@ One Perfect Bite
26. Ita @Something To Share
27. Annie
28. Liza
29. fickleinpink
30. Lilli - Oregon
31. rosadimaggio63- Italy
32. irene
33. His Unfailing Love
34. Nukke
35. Bacolod and Beyond
36. My Memories and Crystals
37. Scart ~ My daily life experience
38. Ninnu, Finland
39. Everything Has A Reason
40. Barb- n- PA
41. sharon is sharing
42. Przemyslaw Kowalski
43. Maria Berg, Sweden
44. happyone
45. me Ann my camera Canada
46. Magical Mystical Teacher
47. NicoleB Hungary
48. maryt/ theteach
49. Irene
50. Bry at Trying to Reason
51. the dusty cellar 1x- er
52. Tammy
53. Happily Retired Ga
54. lissa
55. southlakesmom
56. tapirgal, Astoria, Oregon
57. chuchie
58. VickiS, FL
59. Lee Spangler of Bend, Or.
60. 2sweetnsaxy
61. Shey _strides, CA, USA
62. Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA
63. dlindymcduff
64. sarah parson
65. Dorte
66. Kristy @Chaotic Kristy
67. Shirley Marrs
68. Karen ~Georgia Angel
69. Maria's Space
70. Angie - Australia
71. bilbre
72. Shaker

37 comments:

Miranda said...

What a nice shot! At first I thought that that moon was a speck of dust on my screen, lol, until I tried wiping it off.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Adore photos of the morning and evening skies! Beautiful atmosphere in this shot!

bobbie said...

That night must have been very beautiful. Lovely photo.

kamz said...

beautiful sunset! i love sunsets.. and sunrises too because it holds a lot of promise!

Rinkly Rimes said...

There's a hint of the Beatles in my offering.

http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-yellow-ferry.html

Ladynred said...

Beautiful sunset indeed!

Laine said...

so nice. beautifully captured. i love sunsets. :))

here's my entry:
http://www.lainesabode.com/2009/07/mellow-yellow-monday.html

happy monday :)

Tink *~*~* said...

Now that's a lovely yellow - reminds me of a mango!

Tink *~*~*
A little bit of Provence in Walt Disney World

Tess said...

What a beautiful night. Very romantic, and the half moon looks so adorable. Love the shades of yellow. Looks like a painting. Very nice!

Kranky Granny said...

Very interesting shot. Not noticed the yellows in the sunsets here. They are usually pinks and purples.

My entry is up and I will get to everyones else's as time permits.

have a great week everyone.

VioletSky said...

Beautiful view.

prettyfirefly said...

Love it! happy MYM everyone!
Please check my entry at http://prettfirefly.com

prettyfirefly said...

nice cityscape!

Susan said...

Gorgeous sky!

at the cottage said...

I love the sky any time of the day or night - but the evening sky is especially beautiful.

Great photo

Deb

Mary Bergfeld said...

It really was a beautiful night. This is the first time I've participated here. I wanted to thank you for the time and effort you spend making this event possible. It is appreciated.

Liza said...

Very pretty!

Annie Jeffries said...

Very pretty and the moon hanging there like a piece of jewelry completes in beautifully.

fickleinpink said...

i always love sunsets...beautiful!

i played, too here. Come and visit!

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi Mellow Yellow,
fantastico tramonto con luna...:-)

Sarah said...

pretty sunset, I love it.

http://sarahg26.blogspot.com/2009/07/mellow-yellow-monday-4.html

scart said...

what a beautiful sky! well captured :)

Happy Monday!

Nedekcir said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nedekcir said...

Lovely sunset, have a MYM everyone. My entree here.

Unknown said...

That looks like a magical night.
Beautiful shot!

maryt/theteach said...

Lovely sunset, Drowsy Monkey! Happy Mellow Yellow Monday! :)

lissa said...

what a beauty, nice to see this before you sleep

Happily Retired Gal said...

Lovely shot of the moon as the sun sets ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Rechie said...

that is sunset for sure..love it

mine is up

2sweetnsaxy said...

I missed a week but I'm back this week. What a beauuuuutiful sunset!
:-)

Shey said...

Awesome night sky with the moon looking down at you. Wonderful colors!

Sara Chapman said...

I agree that sunsets with moons are the greatest. And don't the colors just go all over the map? Peaceful scene.

This is my first post for Mellow Yellow Monday. I've posted a rose from my garden.

Lindy said...

Beautiful and peaceful sunset!

annies home said...

what a cool skyline

Karen ~Georgia Angel said...

Nice view! Thanks for sharing.

Maria's Space said...

Cheery shot!

Hey lady...you should join my Self Portrait Sunday Meme!

It would be fun to see your smiling face on Sunday.

Angie said...

I do enjoy playing, especially when there are sunsets like this. Thanks :~)